It took some doing, but I got the site upgraded to WordPress 2.5!
Our previous version was 2.0.2, and it was far enough behind that the automatic updater didn’t work right — even though it was supposed to. Lots of database fiddling ensued, but I got it done. That’ll teach me to wait on upgrades, that’s for sure.
Two things we lost:
- The Tiger-style admin screens. The plugin that handled this feature doesn’t work with WordPress 2.5.
- The spell checker for posts. I could not find a suitable replacement for the new version. I’ll keep an eye out, but most operating systems and browsers take care of this in-line these days, so I don’t know how necessary it actually is.
Please let me now if you find anything funky and I’ll see what I can do to fix it.